As of CTI Client Version 3.1.023, you can now integrate CardDAV servers as phone book folders (reading and writing).
- To integrate Google contacts, you need a CTI Client Professional license that was issued from January 1st, 2022.
- If you have an older license, you can order an additional "CTI Client Upgrade Pro" license and add it under [Options > License].
- [PhoneBook > New > New Folder-Linking... > Outlook, ODBC, Textfiles...]
- In the dialog "Type of datasource", select [Google].
- In the following dialog click on "Start Google Authentication (OAuth2)".
- Your web browser opens with "Log-in via Google" with a refer to "CTI Client".
- Select your Google account.
- It appears: "CTI Client would like to access your Google account".
=> Confirm with [Next].
- It should display "Google Authentication OK".
- The authentication process has a timeout of 60 seconds.
- Notes on "Table Structure/Columns" are below.
- Click on [Next] in the CTI Client.
- An intermediate dialog "Reading Datasource" appears.
- In the following dialog "Column Properties" the columns can be typed according to their content.
- In dialog "Cache" you should keep the defaults and close the dialog sequence with [Finish].
- => Your Google contacts are now visible as a phonebook in the folder structure.
Notes on table structure/columns/datafields:
- Google manages the contact data flexibly at the record level. It is not predetermined how many phone numbers or email addresses can be entered for a contact.
- In contrast, the CTI Client manages the phonebook data internally in a table structure. The number and type of columns are flexible per phonebook, but not per data record.
- You can therefore specify the maximum number for some data field types in the "Google Contacts / Datasource" dialog. This applies, for example, to the data fields: Addresses, Phone Numbers, Emails, Websites and UserDefined. The CTI Client uses these specifications to create its internal table structure (columns).
You can adjust the defaults later (increase or decrease the number).
- The CTI Client only supports the typical contact fields that are required for CTI.
Later modifications of the folder settings:
- Right-click the folder and choose [Properties (folder)].
Adapt data mask individually:
- Select a record in the linked Google folder and open the accompanying data mask by F2 key or context menu.
- You can use the tool button to switch the input mask to editor mode and arrange the fields according to your own requirements. More infos...
Refresh view of changed records (synchronisation):
If records have been modified, added or deleted in Google, these changes are not visible immediately in xtelsio CTI Client, because of data cache. To make changes visible, the following synchronisation modes are supported:
- manual synchronisation of the complete folder: Mark in the folder and press the functional key F5. Then all changed records are read in anew. If you press F5 within 5 seconds again, the folder is completely read in anew.
- manual synchronisation of a record: If you stand in the folder structure on a record and hit the F5 key, this record is read in anew. A record is likewise read in anew if it's opened in the data form.
- Automatic synchronisation of the complete folder: By default, linked folders are synchronised once per week. The synchronisation interval can be adapted individually via [Folder > Properties > Cache].
Incoming calls are indicated via phone popup window.
- A click on the button opens the contact data mask of xtelsio CTI Client.
- The data mask can be opened with a an incoming phone call also automatically - see folder option: [Context menu of the folder > Properties (folder) > Properties]