When accessing the Outlook contacts, the following dialog may appears when your PC does not have an active updated antivirus program (eg, Microsoft Security Essentials).
Tip: Under [Options > Outlook] you can suppress this access confirmation permanently.
Change binded columns/fields:
- By default the fields with information about the name and address, phone, email and homepage are binded.
- To change binded columns, click with the right mouse key on the folder and choose [Properties (folder)].
- Now you can bind additional columns or vote out not required columns in Tab "Column Selection".
- In Tab "Column Properties" you have to set the content type and the category for the new columns. More infos...
- Hint: So that user-defined columns of Outlook become visible in xtelsio CTI Client, these have to be made visiable first in Outlook as a field: [View > Current View > Adapt Current View... > Fields...]
Adapt data mask individually:
- Select a record in the linked Outlook folder and open the accompanying data mask by F2 key or context menu.
- By the right tool button you can switch the data form in the editor's mode and arrange the fields by own requirements.
Refresh view of changed records (synchronisation):
- If records have been modified, added or deleted in Outlook, these changes are not visible immediately in xtelsio CTI Client, because of data cache. To make changes visible, the following synchronisation modes are supported:
- manual synchronisation of the complete folder: Mark in the folder and press the functional key F5. Then all changed records are read in anew. If you press F5 within 5 seconds again, the folder is completely read in anew.
- manual synchronisation of a record: If you stand in the folder structure on a record and hit the F5 key, this record is read in anew. A record is likewise read in anew if it's opened in the data form.
- Automatic synchronisation of the complete folder: By default, linked folders are synchronised once per week. The synchronisation interval can be adapted individually via [Folder > Properties > Cache].
Tip: Open contact directly in Outlook:
A click on the button left to opens the contact for further actions directly in Outlook.The same function is also available via record context menu.
Outlook Add-In (Plug-In)
As a Ribbon in Outlook 2013.
The Outlook Add-In provides a menu bar in Outlook with these functions:
- E-Mail related Actions:
- Display of related phone numbers if the current e-mail address was found in xtelsio CTI Client. For this function you need to link the outlook contacts in the CTI Client.
- Dialing found numbers.
- Display the contact form in Outlook or in the CTI Client.
- Contact related Actions:
- Display and dial contact phone numbers.
- Journal related Actions:
- Display and dial the phone number of a journal entry.
- If a contact is assigned to the journal entry you can open it.
Hint: The Outlook Add-In is only supported in the Professional version.
AddIn configuration in Outlook:
- Menu > View > Toolbars > Customize
- Outlook 2003: Menu > Tools > Options > More > Extended Options > COM-Add-Ins
- Outlook 2007: Menu > Tools > Trust Center > Add-Ins
- See also: [Options > Outlook]
Log calls in Outlook
By option you can activate an additional call logging in the Outlook journal.
(Menu > Options > Outlook > Outlook Journal)
Hint: The Outlook Journal Logging is only supported by Professional version.
Dialling phone numbers in Outlook
There are three ways to dial phone numbers:
Show Incoming calls / open record in Outlook
Incoming calls are indicated via phone popup window.
- A click on the button opens the contact data mask of xtelsio CTI Client. The data mask can be opened with a an incoming phone call also automatically - see folder option:
- [Context menu of the folder > Properties (folder) > Properties]
- A click on the button to the left opens the contact for further actions directly in Outlook. (Screenshot with example for Outlook contact)
Shared contact notes in Outlook and xtelsio CTI Client
You may be able to show and edit the Outlook contact notes in the CTI Client. You activate this setting via:
- [Context menu of the folder > Properties (folder) > Properties > Note Field]
Problem1: In Outlook, the dial options are not visible. No TAPI driver can be selected.
This may occur in conjunction with Skype or "Office Communicator".
Solution: You need to create a registry key "Call Integration" with DWORD parameter "TAPIOVERRIDE=1":
Then, you have to close Outlook and Skype and restart both again.
For Outlook 2013 the Registy key "DefaultIMApp" may need to be set to "Disabled". See:
Problem2: Test contact records are created in Outlook.
Solution: You have to remove the Outlook contacts folder in CTI Client and then link it again.
Problem3: "Server is busy" dialog when accessing Outlook.
Solution: Probably the CTI Client is started with other rights than Outlook. For example, the CTI client is running with admin rights and Outlook with user privileges.
The dialog "Server is busy" comes from the Windows OLE environment and unfortunately it can be closed only after 30 seconds.
|OutlookŪ is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.