CTI Client in combination with Lotus Notes
Lotus Notes is a software product of IBM.
- The special functions for Lotus Notes are included only in the professional version.
|Linking of Lotus Notes contacts
|Steps to link Lotus Notes contacts:
- [PhoneBook > New > New Folder-Linking... > Outlook, ODBC, Textfiles...]
- Choose in dialog "Type of Data Source" the entry [Lotus Notes].
- In the dialog "Name and Content" you can change the suggested folder name and contents type if necessary.
- In dialog "Data Source" you have to select the Lotus Notes database.
- In dialog "Column Selection" you can select additional columns or vote out not required ones. You can keep the defaults in first step (changes are still possible later).
Hint: The predefinded columns correlate to a standard names.nfs file. Additional columns can be defined after first import via file "WORKING_DIR\folders\Lotus Notes Contacts\cfg\more_cols.ini". Example: more_cols.ini
- In the first you should also accept the defaults in dialogs "Column Properties"and "Cache".
- Hitting [Finish] finishs the dialog sequence.
- => the Lotus Notes contacts are visible in the folder structure now.
Change binded columns/fields:
- By default the fields with information about the name and address, phone, email and homepage are binded.
- To change binded columns, click with the right mouse key on the folder and choose [Properties (folder)].
- Now you can bind additional columns or vote out not required columns in Tab "Column Selection".
- In Tab "Column Properties" you have to set the content type and the category for the new columns. More infos...
Adapt data mask individually:
- Select a record in the linked Lotus Notes folder and open the accompanying data mask by F2 key or context menu.
- By the right tool button you can switch the data form in the editor's mode and arrange the fields by own requirements.
Refresh view of changed records (synchronisation):
- If records have been modified, added or deleted in Lotus Notes, these changes are not visible immediately in xtelsio CTI Client, because of data cache. To make changes visible, the following synchronisation modes are supported:
- manual synchronisation of the complete folder: Mark in the folder and press the functional key F5. Then all changed records are read in anew. If you press F5 within 5 seconds again, the folder is completely read in anew.
- manual synchronisation of a record: If you stand in the folder structure on a record and hit the F5 key, this record is read in anew. A record is likewise read in anew if it's opened in the data form.
- Automatic synchronisation of the complete folder: By default, linked folders are synchronised once per week. The synchronisation interval can be adapted individually via [Folder > Properties > Cache].
Tip: Open contact directly in Lotus Notes:
A click on the button left to opens the contact for further actions directly in Lotus Notes.The same function is also available via record context menu.
Show Incoming calls / open record in Lotus Notes
Incoming calls are indicated via phone popup window.
- A click on the button opens the contact data mask of xtelsio CTI Client. The data mask can be opened with a an incoming phone call also automatically - see folder option:
- [Context menu of the folder > Properties (folder) > Properties]
- A click on the button to the left opens the contact for further actions directly in Lotus Notes. (Screenshot with example for Outlook contact)
|IBM, Lotus and Lotus Notes are a registered trade mark of IBM in the USA and/or other countries.