- Download the TAPI tool "phone.exe".
- Unpack the ZIP archive and start the phone.exe.
- Select under "Device" the "Snom Line 1" and click "Start Session".
If successful, the button should now show "End Session".
- Type in "Phone #" a phone number and click "Make Call".
- Now your phone should setup the call.
- If incoming calls are not displayed, please follow the instructions under FAQ.
If you use the "Office Communicator 2007," you have to set a Registry parameter "TAPIOVERRIDE" in advance.See instructions from Microsoft.
- Close and restart Outlook
- Right click one of your Outlook contacts and select "Call Contact...".
- Click to dialog button "Dialling Options..."
- Select your "snom Line" in the selection field "Connect using line".
Hint: You may need to scroll in drop down window to see all TAPI lines.
Close this dialog with [OK].
- Now you are able to make calls via Outlook.
Incoming phone calls
Hint: Incoming calls are not displayed by Outlook itself. You will need an extra TAPI application like the xtelsio CTI Client.