The Action URLs are not used in Asterisk driver. Here, the calls are detected via the Asterisk Manager Interface.
The TAPI driver set so called "Action URLs" in the phone. When a call event occours, an Action URL is triggered, an the phone establishes a HTTP/TCP connection to the PC. The TAPI driver normally receives the event data from the telephone on port 8080 and uses it to generate a TAPI CallEvent.
Please check the following settings:
Please install the current xtelsio program / driver version.
- Restart the phone.
- If necessary, restart your TAPI application.
Test 1: Check phone IP address
- Please make a test call with your TAPI application. If your phone starts dialing, the specified IP is correct. If the phone is not responding, please check in Configuration Dialog [Connection] if the IP address is valid for your phone.
If you enter the telephone IP address in your web browser, the web configuration from the phone should be visible.
Test 2: Local IP Address
- Check in Configuration dialog [Action URLs] if the correct local IP address is selected from your PC. To this IP address the phone sends the Action URL events. If necessary, click [Stop] to enable the selection box.
If there are several local IP addresses available and the phone is on the same network, select the IP from this network.
Important: Under the "Action URLs" you do NOT have to enter the IP of the phone, but that of your computer.
Test 3: Local IP-Port
- If a click on [Start] shows an error message, the port may be already in use. Then select a different port, for example 6000 or 8081.
- If all tests were successful, but no Action URLs are received, try using another port, e.g. 4040 or 8081.
Test 4: Firewall
- Turn off your firewall for testing. Ask your administrator if another firewall is installed in addition to the Windows Firewall.
- If the calls are displayed now, the firewall had blocked the Action URLs.
Solution: Click on "Configure Windows Firewall" button in Configuration dialog [Action URLs]. If another firewall is installed on your PC, turn in this port 8080 free for incoming TCP connections. You need admin rights for this action.
- In the context of the CTI Client application, the general network access in the firewall may also have to be enabled for "cti_client.exe".
Test 5: Test-Button
- Click button "Open Test-URL in the browser" in the Configuration dialog [Action URLs]. If your web browser displays the text "<TAPI>Receive OK</TAPI>", the TAPI driver are able to receive Action URLs .
- If your web browser is not displaying "<TAPI> Receive OK </TAPI>", you may select another port (eg 6000 or 8081). If your computer has multiple local IP addresses, check if you have the right selected.
- Enter the Test-URL displayed in you browser (eg 192.168.0.100:8080) into a web browser on another PC. Here also "<TAPI>Receive OK</TAPI>" should appear. If in contrast to your PC, now an error message appears, probably a firewall has blocked the action.
Test 6: phone.exe
- This test step is only for the TAPI driver. If you use the CTI Client, you can skip this test step.
- Download the following TAPI test application "phone.zip" and unpack it.
- Start the phone.exe
- Select the "Snom Line1" and click [Start Session].
If successful, the button switches to [End Session].
- Now, the Action URLs should be entered in the phone.
You can verify this by opening the appropriate configuration page in Web browser:
- Snom-Phones: http://<TELEFON-IP>/action.htm
- Call with the phone a known number.
If you can see in the phone.exe corresponding TAPI events, the action URLs are working.
Additional tests, if your phone and the computer with TAPI driver are on different networks:
If your PC and phone hanging on the same network, e.g. IP 192.168.0.100 and 192.168.0.200, the following tests are not relevant to you.
Test 7: Set external PC's IP.
- In Configuration dialog [Action URLs > Advanced] you may enter the external IP address, if necessary, under which the computer with TAPI driver is visible from the phone's point. May ask your network administrator for help.
Setting an external IP address may be needed in these cases:
- The TAPI driver is installed on your PC and the phone is in an external network.
- The TAPI driver is installed on a local server and the phone is in an external network.
- Your phone is on the local network and the TAPI driver is installed on an external server.
Test 8: Test for router problems.
- Attach the phone to the PC network or vice versa.
- Adjust in driver configuration under [Connection] and [Action URLs] the IP addresses according to your network.
- If the calls are displayed now, it is a router problem.
Ask your network administrator for help.
Test 9: Hyper-V
- Using "Hyper-V" can also negatively affect the routing of action URL events.
Test 1: Please check in Configuration Dialog [Connection] whether the specified IP address belongs to your phone and the username / password are correct.
Test 2: Check whether you can dial a phone number from the Snom phone's home page. If the phone is configured/provisioned by the telephony provider, this feature may be blocked.
Yes, the TAPI for snom driver can be installed on a terminal server.
For information, see:Terminal Server Installation
A conference call is not directly supported by TAPI for Snom driver. You can only establish a consultation call and then press the conference button on the hard-phone.
- Im A1 Web-Portal ist unter [Teilnehmer > Benutzer-Daten] die Option "Passwort für SIP-Telefon verwenden" einzuschalten. Then test if you are able to open the phone web-configuation with your web browser.
- The Snom phone must be put into Admin mode, to be able to set the Action URLs in the phone. Please contact the A1 support.
- If the phone is in admin mode, restart the CTI Client or open the "TAPI for Snom" line so that the Action URLs are automatically set in the snom.
- Then in the driver configuration on the tab "Action-URLs" select the following mode: "Action URLs are already configured in the phone". Thus, the action URLs remain permanently in the Snom.
- This works only if your PC has a fixed IP address!
The Snom D8xx series can only be controlled via the old web configuration via CTI. The old web configuration is accessible via port 3112 (HTTP only).
For information, see:
- Search for "3112" on the page.
- According to the instructions, the web server type in the Snom phone must be set to http_https or http so that the HTTP port 3112 can be reached.
- In Snom Phone Manager, click [Maintenance > List of Settings > webserver_type].
- A pop-up dialog appears in which you can change the setting.
- Enter http_https here and click on [Set].
- You then have to restart Snom.
- Now open the old Snom web configuration via "http://SnomIP:3112".
- To be on the safe side, set a username and password at: [Advanced > QoS/Security > HTTP Server]
- Configuration in the CTI Client:
- Under [Options > PhoneDialog (TAPI Device) > Driver Configuration > "Connection" tab], select "HTTP" and enter it at port 3112.
- Configuration in the TAPI for Snom driver:
- Select "HTTP" under [Tab "Connection"] and enter port 3112.